Monday, June 23, 2008

The Return of Shaq Fu



Via Nah Right

Shaq is rapping again.

Biggie (R.I.P.) wasn't around to write his rhymes this time, but seeing how Shaq kept name dropping him in this freestyle, he must have been there in spirit. But yeah, keypoints in this video are when he disses Kobe for not being able to win a championship without him and ratting him about about his extramarital affairs, funny stuff.

I reminds me of when I used to cover the Hawks and have access to the locker rooms after the games. I used to wait for all the other reporters to get their questions in so I could have the player to myself and ask him about shit other than stats.

When the Heat came to town back around 2005, Shaq was new to the team. This was also around the time when he and his dude Corey Gunz (Peter Gunz' son, who is nice by the way) were actually entangled in a word of words with Skillz, and get this, Ben Wallace. Yeah, that Ben Wallace.

So I asked him about that, and he was just said he wasn't gonna be involved in it too much longer "ima just sic my little nigga on him." Then I asked him about Kobe and every bit of New Jersey came out of him when he said "I don't fucks with Kobe dawg. Fuck that nigga man. That nigga, pppppssssh." Man, ESPN and all those other outlets would have killed for that quote, but I had it.

Unfortunately my place of employment at the time saw no use for it. And then on top of that, I think I was still using tape recorders for my interviews, and I had not yet got fully introduced to the wonders of the blog world where you could upload audio from home and blast that shit to world. Too bad.

1 comment:

Monk said...

Corey Gunz IS nice wit' it. Hope to hear an album from him soon, but you know how that goes...