Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Get Down!!!



How fitting. The other rapper that makes me stop what I'm doing whenever I hear their voice. This is Dre 3000's verse on that phantom remix of Jay-Z's "30 Something." I heard about this song months ago when I interviewed Big Boi for Ozone. I forgot what I asked him, it might have been something about all the remixes him and Dre were hopping on at the time, but he told me that he was hopping on Gorilla Zoe's "Hood Nigga" remix and Dre was hopping on the Jay song. The Zoe record hit the radio months later and I only heard about the Dre verse on "30 Something" from some DJ's that I know. Then I heard it at a studio that I was doing an interview at and then again at when I was at the BET Hip Hop Awards. I finally heard it in the comfort of my own home a couple weeks ago and it had an extra verse from Ice Cube on it too. Unfortunately, it was a Greg Street exclusive and he didn't let you forget it either, so there was drops all over the shit. I came across the Dre verse by itself over at Chesing the Cool this morning and figured I'd share it with you if you hadn't heard it yet. If this guy ain't spitting the most relevant you-lil-niggas-need-to-hear-this-shit verses right now, man...

1 comment:

Janee TMB said...

God Bless You Peezy... I love this man.