Friday, May 16, 2008

"I Got My Trappin' Drawls On"



R.E. emailed me a song by this dude from North Cack named Big Prime, telling me I had to hear it. When someone says that, its not always guaranteed to be dope...

When I got the email and saw the name of the song, I didn't know what to think. When I listened to the song, I didn't know what to say.

The song is about wearing the same drawls for a week while "grinding in the trap." I've never lived the trap life because I'm not a fan of going to jail. But shied, wearing the same drawls for a week sounds worst. At least in the pokey you get clean drawls (i think).

I mean, I heard songs about the ills of trap life, and some of them have touched on wearing the same clothes. But they spoke on them in a way that sounded gloomy. This track right here (the beat ain't bad), sounds like he's celebrating being funky. Hell, it sounds like he's the junkie and not the dealer.

At least its partially realistic though. Because all these other trap/coke rappers walking around rocking ice is pure fantasy. None of the drug dealers I know look extra fly. They all dress bummy and smell like crack and vinegar.

But yeah here is the song for your listening pleasure. I was debating posting this because I usually don't paying stuff like this too too much attention. Mainly because when you do, even in ridicule, you'll mess around and make it popular ("Smell Yo Dick," "Fry Dat Chicken").

Big Prime feat. Shawty Lo "Trappin Drawls"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i please have those 3 minutes of my life back? hahaha...

D Frank said...

Hahaha and silly me thought Raleigh was gonna start making southern hip hop appear a little more intelligent. Oh dear.