Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Boss Hogg Outlawz Is Jammin'



I get a gazillion CDs in the mail, on top of another gazillion getting handed to me daily...I can't say I look forward to hearing all of them. But one artist who rarely lets me down is Slim Thug and the Boss Hogg Outlawz. So when I wound up with this album yesterday, I was anxious to hear it. The last one that came out was pretty dope by and large even though it kinda trailed off at the end. But it was still good enough for me to be mad when a rental car I had tore the CD up. This new one Back By Blockular Demand: Serve & Collect II kinda does the same but overall this shit is jammin'.

I was kinda cautious at first though because over the last year or so, Slim Thugga was letting me down a little. He was still rapping over dope beats, but some of his flows and rhymes sounded very lazy. You could really tell that dude had absolutely no interest in doing anymore music for Interscope Records.

But after leaking that song with Devin and Dr. Dre a couple weeks ago and then dropping this album, I think I can say he's back on course. Anyways, I just wanted to share one of my favorite songs on the album with ya'll. Its called "Living Without" produced by Mr. Lee. My favorite quote in the song comes from Killa Kyleon when he says "im trying to get it to where my millions and my age match." Hell yeah.

Which brings me to another thing...can it be argued that BHO is one of the better crews in Southern Hip Hop right now? These dudes are making authentic Houston lifestyle/riding music. When it comes to crews affiliated with a nationally recognized artist, most times they aren't dope collectively. For the most part each one of the BHO's bring their own style and personality to the tracks. I know Killa Kyleon gets most of the attention outside of Slim Thug, but I really like this dude J-Dawg. I don't know why, but I find this dude very entertaining, he raps like he's talking. I really liked the solo song "Ride On 4s" he had on the last album:



"No destination...n*gga just ridin"

Then on the new album, he got this line on the first single "Ride Wit No Ceiling" when he said something like "my momma proud of me, I'm proud of me too!" It was the way he said it I guess.



But yeah, that's pretty much it, I know some of the readers here are Slim Thug fans so I was just putting yall up on some new new. The album came out yesterday, go cop if you can.

2 comments:

TC said...

Yeah, we'll see about this...

R.E.D. Inc. said...

That last album was jammin for real. These guys are underrated. They kind of like G-Unit south for real. and Kyleon is Banks!