Monday, March 10, 2008

Dude...



I don't do this often because um, I not too fond of lawyers and lawsuits. But I figured I'd share this with a couple of ya'll.

Smoke Sessions, Vol.1 is Devin's first release since he left Rap-A-Lot earlier this year. It sounds pretty dope, but, there aren't many of the Richard Pryor-moments that you'd expect to hear on a Devin release. Its basically just a bunch of A.D.I.D.A.S. wearing going on here. Not that that's a surprise with him, its just that there's hardly any of the sobering moments, working-class humor or straight up genius shit that you've grown to love. But, if you are a Devin fan or a avid smoker, then this is the CD for you. I guess what I'm trying to say is listen for yourself, because the last time I said anything less than favorable about a Devin release, niggas went off on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Downloading it right now and I am eagerly excited. I appreciate it Master Maurice Garland