Thursday, March 27, 2008

Still Here...



Since a few folks have been asking...yes, I still blog for XXL. Its been a while since my last post but, I'm still over there. I just didn't have anything to say really, well, I've had shit to say, but nothing I deemed necessary to sit down and write a blog about as it pertained to whats going on in Hip Hop right now. I mean, there's only so much I'm going to say about 50 Cent and Lil Wayne which seem to be the favorite topics around those parts. Plus, a couple of the other bloggers there (Noz!) beat to the punch on a couple things anyways.

But yeah...Black Ice @ XXL is still in operation and there will be some new posts in the coming days. I posted a brief yesterday about Eazy-E not being dead enough to warrant any attention yesterday, the 13th anniversary of this death.

Oh yeah, while you're at it, please pick up the book I borrowed the above image from. Black Ice is a book about the Colored Hockey League of the Marintimes, an all Black hockey league that was in Nova Scotia, Canada in the late 1800s and early 1900s, very interesting read. When it came out I tried to get Sports Illustrated and a few other mags to let me write about it...each and everyone of them called me back only to say "great pitch, great story, not interested." Go figure.

No comments: