Monday, March 17, 2008

LinkSpeak




First off, I apologize if I have been guilty of this myself in the past, but, I just realized how annoying this shit can be...

But don't you just hate it when you're on the internet, and you see a friend on AIM or Gchat or YahooIM and you hit them with a "hello, how are you doing?" or "hey, what you up to?" and they hit you back with a gotdamn link to something?

Example 1:

ME: Hey, whats good?
THEM: http://www.imdoingthis.com

Example 2:

ME: Hello, whats going on.
THEM: http://www.lookatthissillyshit.com

Example 3:

ME: YO! What you been up to?
THEM: http://www.dontaskme-readmyblog.com

WTF? I've always thought the internet makes people impersonal without them knowing it (I've been told that its had that effect on me in some respects), but damn man. That shit is almost more annoying than those niggas who answer to everything with "grinding".

Like I said, I apologize if I've done that to you in the past. I know I've had the tendency to come out of nowhere and hit folks with some news story link or a link to a blog post. Then again, alot of us have done it, and probably didn't realize how crazy it can look. But, being on the other end of that shit consecutive time gets very annoying.

So, not saying I'm the judge and jury on internet ettiquite, but, if you see a friend online for now on, take the time and courtesy to at least type some words to them before you just cut and paste some shit in the message box. Sometimes folks just might be thinking of you and wanting to say hello...or, you never know, that friend might really need to talk to you...

1 comment: