Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yelawolf's Gummo Stars at Lenny's Bar Photos and Re-Cap



"Fuck the money, we never got paid right...the money will come, but now we do it all for the stage lights..." -- Yelawolf, "Stage Lights"



Forgive me for taking so long to get around to posting about this. But the homie Yelawolf has been cranking up his own night at Lenny's Bar for the last three months. Its called Gummo Stars and it goes down every first Friday. If you've heard Yela's music you know what kind of vibe to expect. One minute you might be in there squaredancing to Johnny Cash...the next you're bouncing to Cool Breeze's "Cre-A-Tine."



I got a chance to fall through the most recent one he did and it was a pretty cool night...









Pill hit the stage and did a couple songs from his The Prescription: 4180 mixtape















Hollyweerd also hit the stage and I must say, their live show has gotten alot better from when they first started 2 years ago.









As usual Yela did his thing...he even had a beer chugging contest in the middle of the show.









I dunno man. I'm about ready for my dude to blow the fuck up man. For real. I don't know what the hold up is. As a fan and friend of dude, I just wanna see dude win already. Of course I know he don't give a damn about "blowing up" he just wants to give his fans dope music to jam too, which I can't be mad at.



Anyways, if you slept on his last project, Arena Rap, here are a couple more cuts from it that he performed at the show.





Yelawolf - "Candy and Dreams"





Yelawolf - "Back to Bama"



And here's some more photos from the night, let me know what you think:



1 comment:

M_Ventura said...

Download of Candy and Dream, please!