Wednesday, June 10, 2009

INBOXication: Kristmas



See. This what I'm talking about. I like to do INBOXication off of sheer randomness and it doesn't get anymore random than this. Today this cat named Kristmas hit me out of nowhere on Twitter. I'm not always quick to listen to stuff on the spot like that, but when I clicked his page and saw his bio read: IF THEY CAN BRAG BOUT BEIN HUSTLAZ BALLAZ GANSTAZ & CRACK DEALAZ THEN CANT I BRAG BOUT BEIN A WORKIN RAP NIGGA?...I was sold.

The song he sent me "Til This Rap Shh Pop" had me rolling! Not to say that dudes music is a joke, not by any means, but I love records where the artist can take some things in life lightly and make fun of themselves without sound all depressed. One of the qualities I love about Devin the Dude. The hook on this song is classic working man ish. Buddy is rapping about working at the phone store, it gets no realer than that! For real, a video needs to be shot for this video. Check it out for yourself:

"Till This Rap Shh Pop"


After I hit dude back I asked if he could send me an MP3 and he went on ahead and sent me that song as well as a few others. For the most part, I find dudes music very entertaining.

"Cheerleader"


After hearing those two tracks I was scratching my head as to who he mildly reminded me of and I thought of Shawn Jay from Field Mob or some 2006-ish B.o.B. They have similar voices and dialects that allow them to inject alot of personality into their lyrics.

"Screens Fall"--("it ain't fair, but I'm riding ferris wheels"...hey I thought that was clever)


But yeah, if either of these songs piqued your interest at all, you can find more at Kristmas' myspace page.

5 comments:

rappin rodney said...

Yeah, dude's entertaining. Thumbs up, both of em. I mean, actual concepts... Who does that anymore?

KRISTMAS said...

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT MAURICE...THIS THE MOST LOVE I'VE GOT FROM SOMEBODY I AINT PAID IN A LONG ASS TIME...THANKS

Bayan The One said...

yeah, underrepresented Bama hea

bumped into Kristmas's music thru Slowmotion/Paper Route movement

DJ Siza Hanz said...

I felt the same way when kinfolk shot the Mp3's to me. His talent showcases a respectable GRIND!!!
Check his features here>>> http://thatcrack.com/mixtapes/dj-siza-hanz-mcmafia-season-2/ .... http://thatcrack.com/mixtapes/dj-siza-hanz-wang-diz-dizk/

Mike Jordan said...

Yo, good lookin' on this one. Nelson and the whole Shorter Boy camp are the home team. Dude definitely deserves the shine.